- financial crisis is a failure of experts
- the consequence of having too much information is confidence, not competence
- miscalibration refers to the difference between how good we are and how good we think we are
- our confidence in our abilities can cause us to make big mistakes
- incompetence annoys me, overconfidence terrifies me.
- we are profoudnly conflicted about overconfidence.
- when you are in the grip of overconfidence, the world can change and you won't see it.
- who would be chasing quails?
- we depend on the humility of our leaders
- the demands of character are greater today than in the past
- informed. passionate. involved.
The lecture was captivating. I hope I get another chance to see him speak.
Chattanooga has been awesome, time is flying but things are great.